How To Package and Ship Your Sample
How to Mark, Package, and Ship Samples for Infidelity Tests
Sending us your sample is simple. Just follow these key steps:
- For your privacy, we do not ship anything to your home.
- Do not place your samples in plastic bags of any kind. Plastic traps heat and moisture which can degrade any DNA on your sample.
- Always handle the items with gloves if possible. Bare skin can leave traces of DNA behind.
- If you are sending more than one sample for testing, place each one in a separate clean, unused paper bag, envelope, or other paper container and label it with a description of what’s inside. It’s OK to send them to us together in one outer mailer.
- Always mark the area you want tested. You can mark the area with a marker or safety pin. Unmarked undergarments are tested in the crotch area. If you want an area outside of this tested, you will have to mark it. We will test up to 5 areas on one intact sample per test. If you want more areas tested, you will need to purchase additional tests. If you cut one item into multiple pieces, each piece will be considered a separate sample. If you have questions, please contact us before cutting your item.
- Samples marked for return are swabbed for all the infidelity tests so there is no visible damage to the item. Samples not marked for return will have small areas cut out.
- Do not send an item that is obviously wet. Allow it to air dry thoroughly before packaging and mailing.
- If the item is large, like a sheet, towel, or a large piece of clothing, you can cut out the area you want tested. If you cannot cut the sample, make sure you mark the area you want tested with a marker or safety pin.
- If you are unable to send the garment or item, you can take a swab of the area and we can test it.
- Do not mail an envelope with a loose swab inside. Always put the swab in an envelope or paper http://192.168.0.227/PLR/how-to-collect-a-sample/#CollectStainwrapping inside the outer mailing envelope.
- Fill out the Sample Submission Form and return with your item(s). We will not begin testing until we have a signed form. The person who places and pays for the order must sign the form.
- If you put an email address on your sample submission form, we will send you a delivery confirmation email when your package arrives. If you do not want this email, please let us know on the form.
We accept delivery from all carriers. We strongly recommended that you get a tracking number or the delivery confirmation option for your package when you ship. Ship your samples to Private Lab Results, 743 Gold Hill Place S #67, Woodland Park CO 80863. Still have questions? Contact us or call 800-908-9117.
How to Package and Ship a Food Sample
How and when you submit a food sample for testing depends on whether the sample is a dry, non-perishable item, a liquid, or one that requires refrigeration. Do not ship a sample until you have placed your order online, or unless you are sending payment for your order with your sample. Food received without an order will be discarded immediately. If you are testing for bacteria, ALWAYS ship as a perishable item in a cooler with a freezer pack overnight.
Shipping Non-perishable Food Items
This would include things like cereal, flour, snack bars, nuts – anything you would not refrigerate at home. If the item is still in its original packaging, ship it with the packaging. Place the sample in a leak proof or sift proof container like a zip top plastic bag. Wrap the item with bubble wrap, or place in a padded mailer for shipping.
Print and fill out the Sample Submission Form and return it with your shipment.This form must be signed and returned before testing can begin. If you are sending payment with your sample, place it inside a zip top plastic bag inside the mailer.
We accept deliveries from all carriers, but it is strongly recommended you get a tracking number or delivery confirmation with your package when you ship. Ship your sample to us at Private Lab Results, 743 Gold Hill Place S #67, Woodland Park CO 80863.
Shipping Perishable Food Items
This includes items that have been cooked, fruits or vegetables, dairy products – anything you would refrigerate at home. Ship perishable items for overnight delivery. Plan to ship your samples early in the week so that they don’t get caught sitting in a post office or mail facility waiting for delivery. Samples being shipped for drugs, chemicals, or metals testing do not require refrigeration during transport, however you do want to ship any perishable items for next day delivery. Samples being tested for bacteria need to be shipped in an insulated container with freezer packs. Freeze sample before shipping if possible.
Use freezable cold packs that have been in the freezer for at least 24 hours before shipping. DO NOT USE DRY ICE. DO NOT SUBSTITUTE ICE CUBES, FROZEN FOOD, FROZEN WATER BOTTLES, ETC. Keep your sample in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to ship.
Label the sample with your name and order number. Then, put the sample you want tested in a leak proof, sift proof container like a zip top plastic bag. Liquids should be placed in a container with a screw on lid that has been taped or sealed shut, then placed inside a sealed plastic bag. Place several paper towels inside the plastic bag with the sample to absorb any melting or potential leakage. Place the cold packs in separate plastic bags with a paper towel to absorb any condensation that may accumulate during shipping. Wrap the freezer packs and the sample with bubble wrap or cushioning and place in an insulated container. Put the container in a box for shipping.
Print and fill out the Sample Submission Form and return it with your shipment. This form must be received before testing can begin. If you are sending payment with your sample, place it inside a zip top plastic bag inside the mailer.
We accept deliveries from all carriers, but is strongly recommended you get a tracking number or delivery confirmation with your package when you ship. Ship your sample to us at Private Lab Results, 743 Gold Hill Place S #67, Woodland Park CO 80863.
How to Package and Ship a Water Sample
- Collect liquid samples such as water, coffee, juice, soups, etc. in a clean, plastic container with a screw on lid.
- Tape around the lid, and place the container inside a zip top plastic bag and seal. Place this inside another zip top bag and seal. Wrap with bubble wrap or padding so the container doesn’t move around inside the box or mailer.
- If the liquid needs to be kept chilled, ship with a freezer pack that has been frozen for at least 24 hours, and in an insulated container. Testing for chemicals or drugs does not require the liquid be chilled. If you are doing bacteria testing for food poisoning it is recommended you use a chill pack and pack everything in an insulated container inside your mailer.
- Fill out the Sample Submission Form and return it with your samples. This form must be signed and returned before testing can begin.
We accept deliveries from all carriers. It is strongly recommended you get a tracking number or delivery confirmation with your package when you ship. Ship to Private Lab Results, 743 Gold Hill Place S #67, Woodland Park CO 80863. Still have questions? Email us or call 800-908-9117.
How to Package and Ship Hair Samples
Cut a piece of aluminum foil in an approx. 4” x4” square. Place the hair sample on the foil. Place the head hair with the cut end towards the left end of the foil. Fold and close the foil pouch around the hair sample. Mark the foil with an “X” on the side that has the cut end of the hair and place it inside a clean, unused envelope.
If you have very short hair (less than one and a half inches) collect hair from various locations on the scalp, making sure to collect enough hairs to measure about the diameter of a pencil. Place the samples in the foil and fold several times to secure.
If you are using body hair for your sample, collect the hair with a fresh, unused disposable razor. Swab the razor with isopropyl (not ethyl) alcohol. Again, you’ll need approximately 200 hairs, or the diameter of a pencil. Place the hairs on the foil and fold several times to secure. Place the foil in the envelope and seal. Once you have sealed your sample in the foil and placed it in the envelope, place the envelope with sample in the shipping envelope or container and return the sample to us.
Print, fill out, and sign the Sample Submission Form. All the information must be supplied before testing can begin. For the unknown chemicals and toxins and the date rape panel we need two samples. For the standard drug test, only one sample is needed. If you are ordering the metals/minerals test, we will need one gram of hair.
We accept deliveries from all carriers. It is strongly recommended you get a tracking number or delivery confirmation with your package when you ship. Ship to Private Lab Results, 743 Gold Hill Place S #67, Woodland Park CO 80863. Still have questions? Contact us or call 800-908-9117.
The United States Postal Service is the only US carrier who will knowingly ship human remains. They require they be shipped Priority Mail Express overnight. When you purchase a cremated remains test from Private Lab Results, we will send you instructions on how and where to ship. DO NOT SHIP CREMATED REMAINS TO THE WOODLAND PARK ADDRESS.
Importantly, cremated remains should be shipped in packaging that will not allow the ashes to leak or sift out. Here are the USPS instructions for packaging the remains: